Preparation of Irazo (Edo cuisine) using JDP beans flour
JDP beans flour
Pepper (no tomatoes)
* Pour the desired quantity of the beans flour into a mixing bowl
* Add water and mix well to avoid lumps (no salt added)
* Dispense into cups/leaves
* Bring to boil till it’s done
* Remove from fire and allow to cool.
For the stew:
* Wash the pepper and the garden eggs
* Bring to boil till tender
* Drain off the water and mash them together
* Slice your onions
* Bring your meat to boil adding salt and seasoning
* While boiling, prepare your prawns and wash, slice your okro
* Pour the mashed pepper/garden egg into a pot, add your meat stock and put back on fire
* allow to simmer for 2-3mind
* Add the assorted meat, prawns, fish and other “garnishments” desired
* Add in the sliced okro
* Allow to simmer for few mins
* Add in the palm and allow to simmer for 1-2mins
* Remove from fire and it’s ready to eat
* Serve with the stew, sprinkle a little salt on it and it’s ready to eat!
As usual, sit back, relax and enjoy your delicious Irazo.
Call or chat: 08023702017 to order for yours.